Go To Registration
The mission of the Cleveland Sailing Association, (CSA) is to increase activity in sailboat racing in the Greater Cleveland Area.
We do so by combining our member club’s regattas in series format. This gives racing teams a chance to travel to other clubs and sail in a variety of races while enjoying the hospitality and camaraderie of the Cleveland sailing community. The Governing Authority is the Cleveland Sailing Association
The Advantages of the CSA
CSA scores and awards four series;
- CSA entrants are granted free dockage (Wednesday to Wednesday) at host regattas.
- Registration discounts for CSA Boat of the Year designated events (except CYC Leukemia Cup)
- A chance to participate in the Cleveland Cup – CSA’s Invitational Race.
- Boat of the Year (BOTY) for PRHF, JAM, and One-Design fleets
- Double Handed
- South Shore Cruising
Boats are encouraged to participate in multiple series. A single $35 registration fee allows eligibility in all CSA series.
BOTY (Boat of the Year)
The BOTY is the most prestigious and lengthy CSA series. It encourages participation in all club regattas that are designated CSA events.
WOMEN’S and DOUBLE HANDED
- EYC JAM Regatta
- Chagrin Lagoons June JAM
- Cleveland Race Week (EYC) – also scored in South Shore Lakeside Regatta (LYC)
- Leukemia Cup (CYC)
- Princess Pat Trophy Race (FCYC) – also scored in South Shore
- Mentor Harbor Yachting Club Regatta (MHYC)
- Grand River Sailing Club Regatta (GRSC)
Women’s races are raced with an all women crew; a male coach is allowed on board and he cannot participate helming or crewing the boat. Double handed races are for yachts that are crewed by 2 people. Races are contested prior to the main regatta or as modified by the event sailing instructions. CSA scores these series at the following regattas.
SOUTH SHORE CRUISING
- Cleveland Race Week (EWYC)
- Lakeside Regatta (LYC)
- Princess Pat Friday Race (FCYC)
- Leukemia Cup (CYC)
This series is designed to encourage point-to-point racing without requiring a yacht to travel long distances or to participate in races beyond their ability due to distance or weather.
The South Shore Cruising series is open to any boat participating in CSA.
The series includes 7 longer, point-to-point races. The series scores a yacht’s best score from 4 of the 7 races. The seven races comprising the South Shore Cruising series are:
- Cleveland Race Week (EYC) – Thursday and Friday, evening races only, also scored in BOTY series
- Roberts Race (CYC)
- Princess Pat Trophy Race (FCYC) - also scored in BOTY series
- Governor’s Cup (LYC)
- Falcon Cup (CYC to MHYC)
- Indigo (MHYC)